WCAG is an internationally recognized standard developed by the Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI).
WCAG 2.2 is scheduled to be published in 2021 – with 9 additional SC to WCAG 2.1
Most users with motor limitations require alternatives to either mouse or touch devices, and mostly rely on the keyboard to navigate and access content, some users may require alternatives to standard keyboards, some users use mouth/head pointing devices and some rely on speech recognition software…..
1. Missing Text Alternatives – Images, videos and multimedia content.
2. Resizing text and fixed layouts.
3. Insufficient color contrast.
4. Information conveyed using color alone.
5. Missing page titles, landmarks and headings…..
Accessibility is not just for people with disabilities, it is for everyone. Many of us may find ourselves in temporary or situational limitations – on how we use and access content on the web.